- Member of the Editorial Board of Institute of Biology 2003-2009 and Royal Society of Biology journal “Biologist” October 2009-2016:
- Roles: to peer review papers,
- making suggestions for editing including consistency/appropriateness of content
- support of statements
- formatting of citations/references, and footnote editing plus reviewing the elements for accuracy of science content.
- To make judgements and referee papers being considered for publication;
- to decide (jointly) on the wording of press releases and to play an active role in responding to debate when matters of controversy arise (which is frequent) to advise on the content of the journal; source potential authors for Biologist and to attend editorial board meetings.