Writing and Editing
Author and Writer
Author of book reviews for Royal Society of Biology: writing book reviews which are published in the Society’s journal “Biologist”
- Rewilding (Ecological Reviews) Cambridge University Press Publication date: Jan 2019 –published in Biologist in August 2019;
- Microbiology, a clinical approach in 2016;
- “The Lagoon – how Aristotle Invented Science” by Prof Armand Leroi in 2015;
- ‘Infection and Immunity’ by John Playfair & Gregory Bancroft;
- “Bacteria – a short guide” Sebastian G B Amyes Oxford University Press
- “Panic Nation – Unpicking the Myths We’re Told About Food and Health”
- “Saving Sea Turtles”; “Is it Safe to Eat? Enjoy Eating and Minimize Food Risks”
- “Toxins – the cunning of bacterial poisons”
- The Better to Eat You With”; Plant-provided food for carnivorous insects” and many others.
I am the sole author of course text books and workbooks for
- Internal Auditing for Calibration Laboratories
- for Quality Management Systems
- for Medical Devices
- for HACCP systems, food safety (levels 2, 3 and 4)
- food safety at sea (levels 2 and 3)
- HACCP (levels 3 and 4)
- HACCP and Sea
- Nutrition (Levels 2 and 3)
- Legal Labelling for Food Manufacturers.
I write my own course books and workbooks for all the RQF accredited courses that I run in food safety, nutrition, HACCP, internal auditing.